- Barbless hooks only. Maximum size 8. NO Keepnets for Pleasure Fishing.
- NEVER handle fish with cloths, towels or rags of any kind.
- Use only landing nets and unhooking mats supplied by Cob House Fisheries (CHF).
- All fish to be lowered back into the water (or keepnet during matches) via the landing net supplied.
- All fish remain the property of Cob House Fishery and any removal of fish is deemed theft and will become a police matter. NO FISH TO BE INTRODUCED OR MOVED POOLS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- ALL RODS TO BE ATTENDED AT ALL TIMES WHILST A BAITED HOOK IS IN THE WATER. DO NOT leave rods with baited hooks on the bank where ducks etc. may eat the bait.
- No fixed or semi-fixed weights or feeders, including elasticated method feeders. All ledgered weights and feeders are to be free running on the mainline.
- All fish to be unhooked in landing nets provided – held off the ground.
- Sensible pole elastics please, you shouldn’t need more than a 14 or 16 on any of these pools. No Bullying of fish.
- No ‘yank and bank’ margin type poles. Max 16m Pole Limit.
Hook baits and loose feed
- High oil pellets (trout, halibut etc) and tinned meats to be used as hook bait only – no loose feeding. No bread, fresh meat of any kind, nuts, beans, pulses, cheese, pasta, boilies, dog or cat food to be used.
- CHF supplied fishery own pellets for loose feeding only. You may use commercial hook pellets and paste. If you make your own paste, use tap water or make up on the bank using water from our fishing pools. Do not bring bait made up at other fisheries for bio-security reasons.
- Maximum 1kg ground bait. Loose Feeding combined bait limit – 8 pints max. NO MORE than 3 pints combined in total of any form of maggot, caster, worm, corn or hemp within this 8 pint limit. NO BAIT TO BE CHUCKED IN AT THE END OF THE MATCH.
Open Matches and Club Matches
- All fishery, tackle and bait rules shown above apply to matches.
- All nets are supplied. DO NOT use your own. NO STINKBAGS OR CLOTHS ON SITE.
- Do not put stones or other weights of any kind in keepnets.
- Min 2 keepnets per angler. 50lb Net Limit with a max of 60lb, anything over 60lb will not be counted. Weights over this may lead to disqualification.
- Silverfish / small carp (under 2lb) to be put in separate net with limits as per No 4.
- Tackle or bait not to be transferred between anglers or spectators after the start of a match. No extra bait will be supplied after the match has started. If you are running late for an open match, please let us know and we will draw a peg for you – no angler will be allowed to draw after the specified draw time.
- DO NOT ROLL FISH DOWN THE KEEPNET when weighing in – all keepnets have pull handles to draw the lower rings up through the upper ones for ease of fish removal. If you require a member of staff to instruct you on this, please ask.
- Use only CHF weigh sling and unhooking mat when weighing in.
- PUT NETS BACK ON THE TRAILER NEATLY ANY MISSING OR MESSY NETS WILL BE INVOICED TO YOUR CLUB
- DO NOT touch the Aerators or the ropes or you will be billed up to £100k plus VAT.
- Angling Trust rules apply and organizers / owners or management staff’s decision is final.
- Anyone found not adhering to any of these rules will be asked to leave the site immediately and no refund will be given.
- All anglers require an Environment Agency Rod Licence and must produce it to anyone requesting to see it.
- Prince Albert Members MUST carry their photo ID cards at all times. If you fail to do so, or if you have no photo attached, you will be charged a day ticket or be asked to leave the fishery. Fishing on the Victorian Pools Only.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and cannot fish alone.
- No dogs allowed to accompany fishermen, except for guide dogs for the blind or ‘hearing’ dogs for the deaf.
- No floating poles. Float rigs only to be used on poles and the float must be attached at least 6 inches from the pole tip.
- No cupping in with a second pole whilst fishing with the first. No fishing beyond half-way to the next occupied peg.
- Priority to disabled anglers on all the specially designed pegs at all times where there is not a match on the pool.
- The management does not accept responsibility for personal injury or loss or damage to property on the premises. We expect you to fish from the bank, platforms are used at your own risk.
- The management reserves the right to check persons, property and vehicles at any time. Vehicles are parked at your own risk. No foul language around the fishery, there are often Children present. Use toilets provided in the main centre.
- Anyone deemed to be in breach of the rules will be asked to vacate the premises and may be liable to fines in accordance to displayed signs, refused return to the premises and reported to other fisheries.
- We reserve the right to amend the rules as we see fit, without notice. Photographs may be taken and used for promotional literature, website & social media promotion.
- Alcohol can only be consumed in the Mayfly Café, Patio Area and at the Peg. You must remain within 4m of your peg if consuming Alcohol. Anyone thought to be consuming too much Alcohol by any of the management team will be asked to leave and no refund will be given. Only Alcohol purchased from the Mayfly Café to be consumed on site.
- All litter to be taken away by anglers at all times. Fishermen should be mindful of theirs and others safety in adverse weather conditions. Pool are monitored by CCTV.
14th Feb 2017